Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ranunculus

I stamped, people, I stamped!!



The hardest part about making this card was finding my vellum, LOL. I had put it away so well, I nearly did not find it.

This card is quite straight forward, as most of my creations are. I stamped and heat embossed 'Flower Fields' with Detail Gold Embossing Powder on a shimmery piece of paper that has gold flecks in it. Then I watercoloured the image with reinkers. While that was drying, I stamped 'Bouquet of Good Wishes' on vellum.

At this time, dh came into the room and he suggested I tuck the ends of the vellum around the card front, rather than overlapping the piece, attaching it with brads. The whole thing was then glued to a card of the same lovely shimmer paper. Sometimes, hubby has pretty good ideas, I think. I quite like how it turned out.

The Stamps:
P116 - Flower Fields by Stampendous
and
E3199 - Bouquet of Good Wishes by Printworks

Wishing you many happy stamping hours! Isabelle

4 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Very, very pretty Isabelle! And I do like how the vellum is folded around. It's nice when the hubbies can help! :)

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Holy beautiful Batman! You should put this in the hope stamps eternal challenge and the taylored expressions challenge. Fab-u-lus!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love these beautifully embossed and colored blossoms!! Sensational sentiment!!

Emily Leiphart said...

So beautiful! I LOVE the vellum overlay.