Friday, June 20, 2008

Friends Forever

This is a card I made for my friend Andy. He and I have been friends for about 25 years and sometimes I am amazed that our friendship endured despite us living on different continents. A lifetime ago, he dated the sister of the guy I was seeing and during that time, the four of us did everything together, including vacationing in Greece.

When we broke up with our respective partners (because we broke up with them, not the other way 'round!!), Andy and I bonded even more and if I thought that my moving across the pond would change things, I was wrong. He visited my husband and me several times alone and later with his wife and their little girl.
Andy is a really good guy and I treasure the times we get to spend together and the many memories we've made over the years. I am also grateful that his wife, daughter and I are so close.

Now, I have to rush Andy's card to the post office so it will reach him in time for his birthday.

The Stamps:
97652AA - Cookies of Life (clear stamps) by Inkadinkado

The image was coloured using my new Koh-I-Noor woodless, high-density pencils and Gamsol. Boy, those pencils are samooooth!

1 comment:

Michelle Adams said...

He will love it! How sweet Isabelle!