Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bigsby

A couple of friends stayed with us for two weeks and when I asked whether they wanted to stamp with me (in the second week), they jumped for joy. Their reaction surprised but delighted me and I could have never imagined that we'd spend as much time at my craft desk. Whenever they were not exploring the area, they wanted to make cards, LOL. That meant we often stayed up very (V-E-R-Y) late and both my friend and her 15 year old daughter made 20 cards, and matching envelopes, each.

They did not want to make duplicate cards, nor did they want the same as each other. That kept me pretty busy. I quickly had to come up with new ideas for each of their coloured images; mostly choosing and cutting papers for/with them and showing them how to use certain tools.

But, in between, I also managed to colour and finish a couple of cards. Here's one of them:



I coloured the image with both Copics and Prismacolor Pencils. Glossy Accents was added to the balloons for dimension and shine. The border was achieved with the 'Bubble Bath' (Punch Around the Page) Craft Punch from Martha Stewart.

The (digi) stamp:
Bigsby from Karen's Doodles

Wishing you many happy (and not so late) stamping hours! Isabelle

2 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Well Bigsby sure is a cutie! Nice card Isabelle! And my hat is off to you on designing so many cards for your friends to make. I usually design 3-4 cards for my card ministry group to make, and since they're novice stampers like your friends, it's really tricky coming up with a design that isn't too fussy or involved. I stress over it each month, so I can only imagine what's it's like to be responsible for so many more -- on very little sleep no less! LOL You're an awesome hostess for doing that! :)

Anonymous said...

aww, what a happy little mouse and festive card! wow, isabelle, how amazing that you came up with so many card designs; sounds like you all had such a good time creating.