Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baby Shower

One of my friends in South Carolina is expecting her first baby (a boy) in September. I had already thought of the kind of card I would make for her, before the big day. In my mind, I had envisioned something with a pregnant lady.

However, when her friends were organizing a surprise shower for her (much sooner than I had ever anticipated), the idea for my card (and the time to make and send it) changed very quickly.



That's because everyone was asked to bring a children's book or two to the shower. Unfortunately, I couldn't go to South Carolina to join the celebration, but I was able to contribute a couple of books and thus this card seemed appropriate. Even more so, when one of my books was "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". A huge coincidence, but very welcome, in my book (pun intended).

I hope the baby shower was a huge success and the mom-to-be went home with a whole trunk full of books.

The deets for my card:
I1090 - Bedtime Story from Stampabilities
and
Happy Bearthday Embossing Folder from Sizzix
Copic Markers

Wishing you many happy stamping hours and a glorious weekend! Isabelle

2 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

How perfect! I love this image. :)

Annika said...

You forgot the fact that she will be just as sleep deprived and groggy as that bear once the baba is born. lol
Lush colouring.
And feel free to send me your addy!! lol
Hugs
Annika