Monday, March 8, 2010

Swine Flu?

At first I was really stumped when a friend asked me to make a poster type thing for her that was related to the Swine Flu. How on earth was I going to stamp something that large? But of course, digital stamps are perfect for especially that! Not only that, but I had already purchased Mo's Swine Flu stamp.



I printed the image as large as I could on a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock and coloured it with Copic Markers. This had to be the largest image I ever coloured, LOL. Then, I wadded up little pieces of tissue and glued them atop the piece. To frame it, I stamped several pieces of Kraft Paper with a woodgrain background stamp. Those were loosely angled around the 'poster' and I added a few brads, to simulate nails.

The Stamps:
S5100 - Woodgrain Pattern from Hero Arts
and
Swine Flu from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop

Don't forget: Become a member of Mo's Group on Paper Craft Planet and get free digis.

Wishing you many happy stamping hours! Isabelle

3 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

You are so clever! Love how you made the wooden frame, which is the perfect touch for this cute image. Great use of tissues too! I've had a few go through the washing machine that I could have given you - pre-shredded! LOL

Elaine M said...

This is such a great image - love Mo's stuff. You do a wonderful job coloring!

Emily Leiphart said...

So cute! Love the tissues, but poor little pig!