Friday, August 21, 2009

What came first...

the chicken or the egg?

I saw an adorable card on the Splitcoast stamper gallery that I absolutely had to copy and it was the perfect opportunity to use my Sizzix chicken die.



The original card was posted by Tammie27 and I still like hers better than mine. :)

I cut the chicken out of watercolour paper and that's exactly what I did, I watercoloured it. The background stamp is the Aida Cloth from SU (which I stamped crooked) and the Crackled Background (3024G) is from Rubber Stampede. Do you think the crooked background adds a rustic charm? (Personally, I don't, but it was worth a try, LOL.)

Have a nice weekend everyone! Cheerio - Isabelle

4 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Very cute Isabelle - "rustic charm" and all! (I tend to employ lots of rustic charm on my own cards!)

Beach Cat ! said...

I love your little chicken. My little parakeet laid some eggs this summer and is still sitting on them. NObody ever explained the birds and the bees to her I guess.
I think the crooked background makes it look like a screen door screen - remember those old screen doors with the wooden frames that made so much noise when they slammed shut !

nise said...

Cute card! I tend to be a perfectionist about stuff like a crooked background, so no, it's not charming unless it's a part of the design, however I do like the idea of the aida cloth and the crackle and the whole chicken card. Your eggs are great!! You get an A-.

marciad said...

Adorable card.