Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Coping with Copics

This, my friends, is the first image I coloured with my new Copics. Correction, it's the first usable image, LOL.



The minute those coveted markers arrived at my house, I just had to try them out. My first two attempts were so bad, they immediately landed in the rubbish. The third one, the one you're looking at here, bled a little outside the lines, resulting in my having to cut it out. Still, I thought it was good enough to actually use on a card.

Although, I really enjoy the vibrancy achieved with the Copics, it will undoubtedly take me some time to learn how to use them. They are not something I will be grabbing if I need an image coloured quickly. :) Until I get over the Copic learning curve, I will continue to reach for my watercolours or Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.

Do you use Copics markers and how long did it take you to get a hang of them?

The stamp is from Whippersnapper and the embossed border was done with one of the Cuttlebug folders from the JUST MY TYPE Borders set.

Cheerio - Isabelle

2 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

I'm sure you're being too hard on yourself! What you consider "rubbish," I'd be showing off to everyone as my finest work! LOL

This card is really cute, and I think you've done a great job with the coloring!

Libby Hickson said...

You are the most amazing color-er I know, and what you're doing with the Copics is fabulous as usual. Cute card!