Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting to know your friends (Christmas Edition)

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE! Just copy, not forward, this entire email and paste it into a new email that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send to a whole bunch of people YOU KNOW, INCLUDING the person who sent it to you. Tis the season to be NICE!

Thanks Monica for sending this to me.

Kay, Here we go:

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Wrapping paper, although I am a horrible gift wrapper.

2. Real Tree or Artificial? I love real trees, but we seldom put one up. Usually, we buy one to decorate if we have house guests during Christmas. That's rather rare.

3. When do you put up the tree? Not too long before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? The first week of January - Three Kings Day (Epiphany) at the latest.

5. Favorite Gift as a child? My bicycle. It was a mini-bike, the kind that folded up. Remember those? I got a blue one and my brother's was orange, LOL.

6. Hardest person to buy for? William, but men in general.

7. Easiest person to buy for? Myself. Just kidding!! My nieces and nephews.

8. Do you have a nativity scene? No

9. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Mail ... Though I have neither made nor bought any cards yet...... It's freaking me out. (I've printed the envelopes months ago...

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Cannot really think of a thing.

11. Favorite Christmas movie? 'A Christmas Story' and 'One Magic Christmas', oh and I love 'Prancer'.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I pick up 'perfect' gifts all year long if I see something. But mostly, I scramble at the last minute.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? Yes (blush). But nothing major. Perhaps, an collectible that I already owned.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies. I hope to have time to bake a couple of batches this year.

15. Lights on the tree? clear lights on a green tree.

16. Favorite Christmas Song? 'I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas'. I like to belt along loudly, LOL.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. I used to get home sick during Christmas and as a result tried to completely ignore the whole holiday. Not an easy thing to do! Then, one year we had house guests and decided to actually decorate the house. Since then, I love being home and decorating the house inside and out. This year, I am very behind with everything, because we just moved but I am discovering decorations that I have not seen in four years. Because we don't have a ladder, we won't be able to put lights on the outside of the house, but perhaps we can set out a couple of lighted figurines that I found in the garage yesterday. There's a snowman and a penguin but I had completely forgotten about the little reindeer....

18. Can you name Santa's reindeer? I doubt it. Let's see there's Prancer, Vixen, Blitzen, Rudy (obviously), ehem..... I own a stamp with all their names on it, does that count?

19. Angel on Tree or Star? Star

20. Favorite thing about Christmas? The decorations and the lights everywhere.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas Eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Christmas always sneaking up on me. Not enough time to do everything and actually enjoy the Season. The cables for all the lights hanging everywhere, LOL.

23. Favorite Christmas Dinner? Nothing in particular. Something a little fancier than the usual every-day dinner.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? World Peace? Okay, that's a tad pretentious, LOL. Seriously, there's nothing I want. We just bought a house and some new things for it, I cannot think of another thing. I feel very blessed and it always makes me sad to think of the people who don't have food or a roof over their heads, particularly during the holidays.

25. Favorite ornament theme or color? Purple, but that was pretty obvious.

Your turn! Please copy and paste your response into an email or post them on your blog. I'd like to read about you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl! I just saw that you live in CO! I just moved to Loveland a couple months ago :) Lovin' it!

Hambo rocks!!