Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jolly in July!

YESSSS, I did it! I really made my very first Christmas card this year. Now all I have to do is keep it up and I will be all set early, for once...

Waving Santa - 1415 was stamped on a scrap piece of index paper and coloured with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. Unruled Index Cards are easily available and reasonably priced. Usually, I buy the 5" x 8" pack of 500 which lasts me a really long time and accomodates so many of my colouring mediums - even watercolouring beautifully. But I digress. After colouring Santa, I cut him out and then added a bit of fuzzy, white Fun Flock to his Hat and cuffs. Here's a little tip when using Fun Flock: DO NOT WHISTLE while applying it!

While the glue for the Fun Flock dried, I cut a piece of designer paper for the background and before adhering it to my card stock I edged the designer paper with a gold leafing pen and I stamped the first part of my Hambo sentiment on the bottom.

On the inside of the card, I stamped the second part of Give/Receive - 0704 (from the Fractured Funnies Line). To make the card even more festive, I stamped Holly - 1407 once directly onto the card and once more on my white index paper that I then coloured and cut out. On the green cardstock, I only coloured the berries in red, adding a little sparkle, then I adhered the cut-out leaves on top.

As a last step, I 3D mounted Waving Santa to the front of the card.

So Santa is now waving to you, inviting you to stamp a card, Christmas or otherwise. He'd also like to remind you that there's still time to contribute to Hambo's Cause by simply shopping for stamps.

Have you started on your Christmas cards yet? I know so many of you like to plan ahead and start early. Myself, I like to plan, but following through is a different matter....

All stamps are available at: Hambo Stamps

2 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

The gold edging is such a great detail! I love that this uses blues, and not just the traditional red/green of Christmas. Nice job Isabelle!

Judy Rozema said...

hahaha!! Don't whistle!! Great tip! heehee!!

Cute card too!