Sunday, May 4, 2008

This is personal!

Those of you who follow Colleen's Blog regularly, know that she often issues card challenges. I must admit that I have never taken on any of her challenges - until now. At least, unofficially, that is!
You see, last Monday, she posted a bee-autiful card , featuring a bee stamp that I've owned for some time. To my shame, that very stamp has remained in my virginal rubbah collection until Colleen unknowingly challenged me to ink it up. Yes indeed, I took her posting as a personal challenge, LOL. Of course, I could just say that she inspired me to dust off a stamp that has been sitting around un-used. Thanks Colleen!

The bees were coloured with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I added the ribbon and the lovely die-cut flower (thanks Monica) and a bit o' subtle bling (on the flower as well as the end of the bees' antennae) in the form of Rain Dots.

Incidentally, did you know that by eating Häagen Dazs ice cream, you are supporting a good cause?? Häagen Dazs has given $250,000 in a research grant to university researchers in California and Pennsylvania to identify the cause of the worldwide disappearance and decline of bees. Help the Bees is a very informational site on the matter. So, eat some ice cream and then plant a bee friendly flower in your garden.

The Stamp:
SH-60058 Bees by Stamps Happen

4 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Those bees are really cute -- so much so that I looked at them long and hard before completing this last order! LOL Love how you've colored them!

Michelle Adams said...

Love this Isabelle! I just read an advertisement in National Geographic about the ice cream buying(eating) helping the bees...Guess I better get eatin'! LOL!

ddc designs said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!!! Such a cute stamp. Your coloring is beautiful as usual. :) Dotty

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I got you to ink em up! I LOVE this card...your coloring is amazing (as uaual).

I didn't know about the bee thing...guess I now have a great excuse to eat icecream!

Thanks!